Friday, August 3, 2012

She's Crafty!


I must confess: I have the need to change things up every now and then. I had two framed pictures from our honeymoon that were getting a little old looking. So I freshened them up by making a new mattes. All I needed was scrapbook paper, scissors and tape and viola! New pictures. The possibilities are endless! Most picture frames come with a standard white matte, so dress it up!

 Start with a piece of scrapbook paper, scissors and tape.
 

Original matte. BORING!

Add tape to the front of the matte in each corner. 

Turn it over and face it down on the paper, preferably in the corner so you don't have too much to cut off. 

Cut a hole in the middle of the paper and cut to each corner. 

Fold each side back and tape down. This is where cutting to the corner is important. 

Your matte should look like this from the back side.

And should look like this from the front. 

Refreshed and revived!

Happy Crafting!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment