Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Madonna Review

I must confess: the Madonna concert was good. It was weird, but good.

The rumors of her late arrival were all true. Knowing that she had been showing up late, we didn't arrive in our seats until 9:45pm, and we still waiting for 45 minutes to go on. It was a let down between the opening act of Paul Oakenfold who we saw for 15 minutes and waiting another 30 minutes for her to finally take the stage. The crowd lost its mo-jo. I read that in Miami two days later she didn't show up until 11:23pm. People were pissed, left and asked for refunds. Can't say that I blame them.

The concert itself was different. I felt like at times she was trying too hard and other times she was trying to shock and awe a group of people who probably don't shock and awe very easily. But that's Madonna and she is still the queen, as we were reminded by Nicki Minaj during the concert, who made a pre-recorded video appearance. A little dig at Lady Gaga? Jealous much Madonna?

She played for a solid two hours and no encore. She even chastised a guy in the pit for having his arms crossed while she performed. 'I'm working my ass off up here' she said to the guy. I was thinking: for the amount of money he paid to see you work your ass off, he should be able to do what ever the hell he wants!

All in all, I can say 'been there done that' but I won't be attending another Madonna concert any time soon. 

Below from left to right, my cousin, Kristine, myself and my sister-in-law, Amy.  The company was AMAZING!!!!
 

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment