Friday, November 30, 2012

I love my pets!

I must confess: my patience is wearing thin for my animals. I love my pets, don't get me wrong, but lately, I'm telling you, I'm being tested!
It all started a couple of months ago when our youngest dog, Max got an ear infection. A trip to the vet, rounds of medicine we fight him to take and a follow up to the vet.

Then one day about a week later our youngest cat, Sherman decided to pee in the den on the carpet, in front of me. A trip to the vet, to find out he's diabetic. While being treated and taking him to the vet once a week until we find the right dosage of insulin, he is still peeing all over the house. Great, now the carpets need to be torn out and the flooring replaced. Success, we found the right dosage! No more peeing in the house! My new wood floors will be ok! Wrong, the first day of the floors being ripped up, he pees right on the concrete, 3 times. Back to the vet. Oh yeah, they tell me, being diabetic can cause urinary tract infections. Lets give him more medicine he'll fight me to take and throw up later. Great! 

Diabetic Sherman

Ear Infection Max

The new floors go in and things are calming down. No more peeing. YAY! 

Two weeks later, my oldest dog, Lola is chewing herself raw! WTH! Off to the vet we go.
She has fleas, what?!?! Are you freaking kidding me? Crap. Back home with more medicine for another animal that I will fight with. Then I spend the next 9 hours washing everything that will fit in the washing machine in hot water. The medicine starts working, she isn't chewing as much. I'm getting a break. Sort of. Then I catch her peeing on the rug in the living room on my new wood floors. Crap, back to the vet. Oh yeah, didn't we tell you that a side effect of the steroids is peeing, A LOT. Great, that rug goes in the trash.
And now diabetic cat, Sherman has a skin infection. Back to the vet, more medicine that he throws up all over the place. 
 Fleas Lola

Seriously how much can one girl take? In all since August we have spent $1566.75 on medicines, vet exams, etc. Do you know how many shoes that could buy? At $50 a pair, 31. Thirty one pairs of shoes! But these are my babies. My children. What else can I do but maybe get a job to pay for it all?

Still an animal lover,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment