Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What does my current nail polish and my parents have in common? A lot!


I must confess: this is by far my favoritest nail polish color to date! It's called For Audrey by China Glaze. A tribute to Audrey Hepburn in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. I was drawn to the color because it's a pretty Tiffany blue, but also because its named 'For Audrey'. Audrey Hepburn was and probably will always be my dads favorite actress. I remember as a kid him talking about her and I too, became a fan. A woman of style, grace, and beauty. I could see what he loved about her.  When I was in my mid to late twenties, I asked my dad what was it that drew him to my mom, he responded with 'she looked just like Audrey Hepburn'. I was surprised, I thought really? mom looks like Audrey? I'll be honest, I didn't see it and neither did my mom. I'd seen pictures of my mom from those years and searched for some semblance of Audrey in her but couldn't see it.  A few years later I came across a photo of my mom I'd never seen before and there it was, Audrey looking right back at me. I saw what my dad saw.  Why he fell for her and why they've been married for 45 years. Because of Audrey.
Happy Anniversary 45th Mom & Dad!
Love,
Wendy

Seriously in love with this color!

And so close to the real thing! (Yes I own one and only one piece of jewelry from Tiffany)

No comments:

Post a Comment