Friday, May 25, 2012

Chicken-Schmicken 2 (or Wendy's Superb Chicken)


I must confess: you already know we eat a lot of chicken. So I'm always looking for new chicken recipes. Even if I have to make them up myself. So this particular one I thought of when I recently saw a recipe for Chicken Kiev. Though I love melted butter, I thought I might be a bit much, so I replaced it with mozzarella cheese. Probably not much better for you, but definitely less messy!

I started off with two chicken breasts and pounded out my days frustrations on them until they looked like this

The I breaded them with egg and plain breadcrumbs like so

The I pan fried them until they got that crunchy look, which doesn't take long when they are pounded out so thin.

I added pesto and mozzarella cheese like so

and then folded them over, secured them with toothpicks and added more cheese on top. I got a thing for cheese, OK?

Baked them in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 and the husband called them superb.

So I'm calling it Wendy's Superb Chicken!


Happy Cooking!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment