Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Basil Burger Awesomeness

I must confess: I love a good burger. Duh, who doesn't, I know. I found this recipe on the food network and HAD to try it! Having a fresh basil plant around doesn't hurt either.

The recipe can be found here:

What I did was the following:
First I threw two burgers on the grill. I didn't add my usual onion powder soup mix or ranch mix, because I wanted the basil sauce to stand on its own and see how much flavor it really had.


But I did add some mozzarella cheese on top once I flipped them.


In the meantime, I mixed: mayo, sour cream, garlic, basil, Worcester and salt and pepper and put them in my mini-processor, which I didn't even know I had until the other day! Yay!


While the burgers were cooking I mixed this all up. Until creamy. 

I toasted English muffins for burger buns, because they have less bread and you get more of the burger taste instead of a mouth full of bread. 


They turned out AMAZING!!! Hubby loved them and I will be making this again! Another thought I had was to freeze whatever was left over, then I could make in batches and use when needed.

Happy Cooking!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment