Monday, October 15, 2012

Breakfast Burritos

I must confess: hubby is a big guy and needs a big guy breakfast. Nothing is ever enough, and he's usually hungry by 10:30 for lunch. This doesn't work when we don't have dinner until 6pm. I found a recipe on Pinterest for a breakfast burrito and decided to give it a try. They were a big success and I wanted to share what I did, because I did deviate from the original recipe, based on hubby's requests.

First the ingredients:
frozen hash browns
dozen eggs
tortilla shells
cheese
green peppers
scallions
precooked bacon

 

I start out by cooking half of the 26oz bag of hash browns that I bought. This takes forever so while that's cooking I have hubby chop peppers and scallions. 


Once the hash browns start turning brown and crispy I add the 12 eggs that I've prescrambled with a little milk salt and pepper. And start cooking them together. This helps keep them in one solid mass instead of crumbling out of the burrito.

 
And yes that is a Storm Trooper spatula courtesy of Williams Sonoma. Hubby is a big geek too. 

Once the egg/hash brown mixture is cooked, I lay out the tortillas and put cheese on the bottom, we used a taco blend this time. And I start layering, egg/hash brown, bacon and veggies.


Then we roll them up and freeze them and he takes two a day and sticks them in the microwave for 2 minutes.


 
They keep him full enough until lunch time which is good because then he can he a smaller lunch later in the day and doesn't come home starving for dinner.


Happy Cooking!

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment