Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bar Keepers Friend, is my new BFF!

I must confess: I love my white dishes. It gives me the opportunity to change my decor in my kitchen when ever I want. They go with everything. Unfortunately my white dishes have scratches on them. You know the kind, when your eating with your everyday flatware and it scratches it all up. All of my plates and bowls are scratched up. I definitely don't want to have to buy new dishes because my husband and I took months to find our first set of dishes almost 10 years ago. He had an opinion on everything! Seriously, it turned into the Great Dish Debate of 2003. It was so crazy! What guy cares about dishes?! I figured he'd only care about what goes on the dish, not what it looked like! Anyway, I came across a tip online and thought I'd give it a try because lets face it what's the worst that could happen. I was shocked that it worked so well! Bar Keepers Friend is my new bestie! I took pictures of a plate and bowl that I worked on. The pictures aren't so great, but you can sort of tell. Now it didn't take out all of the scratches, but they look ten times better! YAY!!!


Plate before

I use a wet sponge and sprinkle on my new bestie and start scrubbing.

Plate after

Bowl before

Bowl after

And for good measure I run them through the dishwasher.

Pretty cool, right?! 

Happy Cleaning! 
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. I have heard that Barkeeper's Friend is really awesome stuff. I haven't tried it myself yet.

    ReplyDelete