Monday, March 26, 2012

Chicken-Schmicken

I must confess: we eat a lot of chicken. It's good for you and easy. But lets face it, chicken gets boring really fast and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. My brother told me to try Funyuns as a coating. I thought he was crazy, until I ran out of ideas. So I tried it, really what did I have to lose?
Well I'll be damned if it isn't really good and the husband loves it! So I'm going to share with you what I do to make it.

Ingredients: 2 chicken breasts, 1 bag (snack size) of Funyuns and 2 eggs.


First I flatten my chicken with my meat tenderizer. 
Then I put all the Funyuns in a quart size back and use the meat tenderizer again to crush them up really fine. 
 


Beat the eggs and for fun I added a teaspoon or so of garlic. (you really could add almost anything for variety!)

The I dip the chicken in the egg mixture and coat with Funyuns. Pan fry over medium heat until cooked through.

It kind of looks like fried chicken but with out all the oil!


Happy Cooking!

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment