Thursday, March 22, 2012

Let the Hunger Games begin!

I must confess: I'm so EXCITED for the Hunger Games movie to start tomorrow!!!!!!!!
I didn't even know about the Hunger Games trilogy until about 5 weeks ago, when I was out to lunch with some friends and that's all they talked about! Wait, WHAT AM I MISSING OUT ON!!!! So they told me I MUST read these books, and that I'd love them, then we can talk about them. Kind of like an unofficial book club. So I immediately caved to peer pressure and bought all three books and devoured them in 5 days. Yes, all three 5 days. I was so glad to be let in on the secret! And if I wouldn't get strange looks, I would totally rock the Capitol-esque fashions around my suburban town!!!! I think that is what I'm looking forward to the most, how they translate the fashions from the book to the big screen!
Husband said 'aren't those books for teenagers?' I said 'aren't the Twilight movies for teenagers, yet you make me go to all of them!' Enough said.
So now that the movie is coming out TOMORROW! A bunch of us are going to see it together. I can't remember the last time I went to the movies with friends instead of the husband. I'm so excited about a night out with friends! Pretty sad uh? Don't care, because I'm going to the movies with friends to see the anticipated Hunger Games!

Did you enjoy the books? Are you going to see the movie?

Team Gale or Team Peeta?

I don't care either way, I'm team Hunger Games!

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Wendy

1 comment:

  1. I've got IMAX tickets for Sunday evening. :)

    ReplyDelete