Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Madonna- Hot or Not?

I must confess: I used to LOVE Madonna. Now, in my own opinion, she's just ok. In high school, I loved her so much I wanted to be her. Who didn't when she first came on the scene. Supposedly, some where, out there, is a picture of me dressed like her at school. This photo hasn't surfaced yet, but I suspect it will eventually. I keep praying it was Halloween. She was an enigma, so cool and controversial at the same time. But over the years she lost her appeal to me. When we watched her during the Superbowl halftime show, I really felt like she was trying too hard to hang on to her youth. And I didn't think she was pulling it off. Don't get me wrong, she can still sing her ass off and her voice still sounds amazing.
So when I found out she was touring again. I had to get tickets. I couldn't afford them growing up, but now was my chance. I really believe you should see a legend if you can. I missed out on Michael Jackson and Frank Sinatra. I just want to be able to say, I've been there done that. Even if it's just once! So I got tickets for myself, the hubby and my cousin, who after 20+ years is still in awe of her. I can only imagine she'll put on a good show. Gotta love a good show right?!
Because we bought concert tickets, we also received her new CD MDNA in the mail. Yep an actual CD in a CD case and everything. I can't remember the last time I bought an actual CD. Anyway, I listened to it more than once, trying to find a new favorite song. And honestly, they all sounded the same. Ugh, does this mean I'm getting old? I hope not, I really wanted to love the CD, but just couldn't. Hopefully, her concert, will bring back memories of high school, college and beyond. But I won't find that out for another 221 days. But you can bet your ass, I'll be writing about it in November!


Rock on!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment